Creamy Goat Cheese Mac and Cheese


I don't remember goat cheese being popular a decade ago and certainly not twenty years ago.  Today, goat cheese seems to be a buzz word for yummy.  At least, it is for me.  I see goat cheese and I have a new recipe to make.  I made this Mac and Cheese and it proved me right.  The tangy flavor of the cheese and the creaminess it brought to a simple mac and cheese made all the difference.

I used to add some sour cream to mac and cheese recipes and it made the dish a lot creamier but it did not add the flavor, one gets from goat cheese.



Ingredients:

1⁄2 pound gluten-free macaroni (Elbows, Shells, Ziti)
2 tablespoons olive oil (or butter)
2 tablespoons brown rice flour or any other gluten-free flour of choice
2  cups milk
fresh ground black pepper
1⁄3 cup packed grated parmesan cheese
1⁄3 cup goat cheese

Method:
Cook pasta according to package directions.


In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. 

When the butter is melted and sizzling, stir in the flour to create a paste and cook 1 minute.

Slowly add the milk, to create a smooth sauce. 

Let cook about 5 minutes or until thick enough to coat pasta when you add it..


Remove the pan from the heat and slowly add the grated Parmesan and the goat cheese.

Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Place the drained macaroni in the dish and pour the cheese sauce on top, stirring gently to coat all the macaroni.

Eat and enjoy.


 Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table            Fat Tuesday          Weekend Potluck           What'd You Do  This Weekend            Lou Lou Girls
           

Comments

  1. My husband is from the Middle East, and he introduced me to goat cheese over forty years ago. It was love at first bite. What a great twist for Mac and Cheese. Looks Delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. so yummy love comfort dishes like this
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right this mac and cheese is creamy, I never tried with goat cheese thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop. pinning. tweeting and sharing in google plus.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost