Banana - Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding



The idea for this recipe came from the latest Rachel Ray magazine which I altered.  The original recipe called for 10 eggs as starters so the amount was my first change.  I made a topping of sour cream and brown sugar which is not in the Rachel's recipe.

I grew up, eating sour cream and bananas, topped with sugar and when I saw this recipe, I could taste that childhood favorite as if I was truly eating it.  This is something, I had completely forgotten about.  If asked what my favorites from the past were, I would not have come close to anything like this.  Actually, I don't like plain bananas although I do like them baked or cooked.

Banana- Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding

Ingredients:

3 small bananas, sliced
1 cup milk
4  eggs
2 ounces cream cheese
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4- 6 ounces of challah, cubed
6 ounces chocolate chips
3 tablespoons sour cream
1/3 cup brown sugar


Method: 



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place eggs, milk and room temperature cream cheese in a large bowl and whisk together.  Add vanilla extract.

Add cubed challah to the liquid along with the chocolate chips.

Place in a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.

Mix sour cream and brown sugar and spread on top of banana-bread mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to:  Foodie Friends Friday      Saturday Night Fever

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost