Mashed Kobacha Squash - Emeril

I love orange squash and I think that almost everyone does.  Most people generate to Spaghetti Squash, Butternut Squash and Acorn Squash but my favorite is Kabocha.  his recipe was written using butternut but I turned to my beloved kabocha.  I think, it is a little sweeter although, I do not say this with certainty.  I like both.

For those of you who have not had kabocha, if you try it, I think you will like it. “Kabocha” is a general term for squash in Japanese, but this Japanese squash also goes by the name ebisu, delica, hoka and Japanese squash or Japanese pumpkin. It has tender, sweet pumpkin flesh, but without the stringy fibers. It is available throughout the year.

Serve it as you would pumpkin, sweet potato or butternut squash.

kabsquash.jpg
Mashed Kobacha Squash - Emeril

Ingredients:


l butternut squash

1 tablespoon  butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon heavy cream
2 teaspoons honey

Method:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds. 

Brush the cut sides with some of the butter and sprinkle with the salt. 

Place the squash in a baking dish and wrap pan well with aluminum foil. 

Cook until squash is fork tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. 

Remove from the oven and using a large spoon, scoop the flesh from the skin and place squash in a casserole. 

Using a potato masher, mash the squash to the desired texture. 

Add the remaining butter, the heavy cream, and brown sugar. 

Stir to combine.  Thank you Emeril.

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to: See Ya at the Gumbo                  Treasure Box Tuesday      Two Cup Tuesday       In and Out of the Kitchen       Tuesday’s Table    Fat Tuesday       Hearth and Soul Hop         Simple Supper 

Comments

  1. I do usually turn to butternut and have never tried Kobacha. Will have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried Kobacha squash either but your recipe looks delicious, Chaya. I will look out for it too! Thank you for being a part of the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost