Comfort Food Potatoes




A typical food conversation.......... The conversation went like this. I am not kidding.

Me: You must be hungry, not having your luncht today.

Hubby: I am starving.

Me: I know. What would you like? Name it and I will make it.

H: I don't care. Anything will do. I am starving.

Me: No, I want you to tell me and I will make it.

H: Anything. I am starving.

Me: Tell me.

H: OK, pancakes. I am starving.

Me: Great. You got them.

He went on his way and I went to the kitchen to make pancakes but I did not want pancakes. Sweet was not for me, tonight, only savory. How could I not make the pancakes?

Continued conversation:

Me: Do you really want pancakes?

H: I don't care. I am starving.

Me: How do potatoes sounds?

H: Fine, I don't really like pancakes.

me: Huh? OK, potatoes it is.

I did make the potatoes, nice and creamy and loaded with cheddar cheese. I did this in the microwave to cut the time. After all, the poor man was starving or have you missed that point?

Creamy Cheddar Potatoes

Ingredients:

3 large Yukon Gold potatoes (peeled and diced)

1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1/4 cup low fat sour cream

1/2 cup low fat milk

salt to taste


Method:

In a medium sized mixing bowl, place potato pieces and water to cover. Cook on high for 6 minutes or until potatoes are completely cooked.

Drain potatoes and place back in bowl.

Add milk and sour cream to potatoes and mix well.

Top with cheddar and return to microwave. Microwave for 2 minutes.

Remove and mix well so that potatoes are coated with the cheese and cream.

This is pure comfort food. The man is not starving.

Comments

  1. Haha! Seriously!! Thanks for sharing. I guess this lends weight to the idea that we are all abnormal in our own ways. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost