Popcorn Cauliflower



People have the habit of using certain words and we all understand what is meant but the bottom line is that these words are usually inaccurate.  Read the following examples to understand what I am referring to.

Child:  Mommy, all my friends are going.

Wife: Absolutely no one would go there.

Person:  All the people spent at least one hundred dollars.

On top of the ski slope: There is nothing to be afraid of.

Person: She is the nicest person in the whole side world.

Me: Everyone loves popcorn cauliflower.  (You don't????????)

Exaggeration is the name of the game.  I think, because I am a teacher, I am so aware of those words and how inaccurate they are.  No, it does not bother me when others express themselves that way.  I do it too. 

 As a teacher, I don't want my students to use them in their writing so I prohibit every single one of them and they never exaggerate.  I am proud, having the very best class, in the entire world.  No child has ever slipped up and exaggerated.  If they are, in my class, every one of them is perfect. 

You get the point.

In my mind, everyone does like popcorn cauliflower or is it cauliflower popcorn?  It is not true and I don't understand why.  I first had it at my daughter-in laws home.  She is a fantastic cook and I kind of think, she has a secret ingredient, she adds to her food.  Whatever she makes is better than anyone else's.  Oops.  I sometimes wonder if that isn't true.  She is a superb cook and baker.  I am one lucky Mom.  

Anyway, my son and family came to visit and I made popcorn cauliflower and yes, it was good but certainly not as good as the cauliflower,  I had, in her house.  I guess, I don't have the secret ingredient and  I would add a little Indian curry, next time, I make these.

Here is the very simple recipe..

Ingredients:  

1 16 ounce bag of frozen cauliflower florets (you can use fresh cauliflower, as well - a head)
1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup bread crumbs or  tortilla chip crumbs
garlic powder to taste
any seasoning of choice

Method:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine olive oil and cauliflower florets. Make sure all the cauliflower is coated.

Add seasoning and crumbs to the bowl and mix again, this time, coating with the crumbs. (I used my hands to make this work with ease.  A little messy but quite effective.....)

Cover a cookie sheet or large baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil.  Spread cauliflower over the sheet.

Bake for 30 minutes.  They should be crispy and browned.

Linked to:  Simple Supper Tuesday     Tasty Tuesdays    Real Food Forager    Tuesday’s Table   Simply Sugar and Gluten Free    The Gathering Spot     Traditional Tuesdays @ Cooking Traditional Foods
Two Cup Tuesday    See Ya in the Gumbo    Hearth and Soul    My Sweet and Savory    What Did you Do This Weekend?    Foodie Friday

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya,
    What a nice post. Makes me smile reading it!
    I love cauliflower and have not tried popcorn style before! This looks and sounds good, I know that I would definitely enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chaya, I think I will love this cauliflower popcorn, especially with curry powder and some other added spices...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see your point about exaggeration! I'm going to have to think about how I use those words :-) I really like the sound of Popcorn Cauliflower. What a flavourful way to serve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha. I love exaggeration. I've never heard of Popcorn Cauliflower though, but this looks delicious. Thank you for sharing it on Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost