Brussels Sprouts in Onion Honey Sauce


I should call this, "My Love Affair with Brussels Sprouts," but that would be unfair to bok choy and spinach.  Spinach is the best in my opinion.  I have made three recipes with a bit of sweet added to the vegetable it makes a major difference.

Brussels Sprouts in Onion Honey Sauce

Ingredients:

12- 15 brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large white onion, quartered and sliced thin
1/4 cup vegetable broth
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1  tablespoon Dijon mustard 

1  1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar, start with 3 then add more if desired
salt and pepper

Method:



Boil brussels sprouts for 7 - 10 minutes or until tender.

In large skillet, heat olive oil and saute onions for 7-9 minutes.  Add garlic and saute for another 2 minutes. Stir intermittently.
 

 Add the broth, raise the heat to high and cook for approximately 4 minutes until the liquid is reduced by 1/2. Add the mustard, honey, vinegar,and pepper to taste. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Liquid will almost all evaporate.
  

 Remove from heat and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.  

Linked to some of the followingSimple Supper Tuesday     Tasty Tuesdays
Real Food Forager    Tuesday’s Table    Simply Sugar and Gluten Free   Naptime Creations
The Gathering Spot    Traditional Tuesdays     Two Cup Tuesday     See Ya in the Gumbo
Hearth and Soul     My Sweet and Savory     Real Food Wednesdays    Allergy-Free Wednesdays
Fresh Foods Wednesdays      Gluten-Free Wednesdays       Whole Foods Wednesday

Comments

  1. What a great way to prepare brussels sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm...I DO love spinach, but I'd eat your Brussels sprouts in a heartbeat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe, Chaya! We are brussel sprout fans too. Love them roasted, sliced and braised, any way at all. Will definitely be trying your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried brussels with a sweet flair. We love them, so I need to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought a bag of brussels sprouts. This look like a terrific dish for them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks lovely! I am a bit obsessed with brussels sprouts (and spinach:) but haven't tried them with honey. I am definitely intrigued! Stopping by from Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brussels sprouts aren't something I think about cooking very often. Not sure why--I don't have anything against them! I've never had them with honey. Sounds good, Chaya! Thank you for linking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way to serve Brussls Sprouts, Chaya! I love the honey mustard flavouring. We really enjoy Brussels Sprouts in our house, and this sounds like a great new way to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost