Moussaka - Donna Hay - a week behind




I just discovered, I am a week behind in our schedule.  We have a risotto for this week and it is just too late for me to do anything about it.  Please check out everyone else.

Another two day Jewish holiday starts tonight and I have been cooking up a storm. I did not want to miss out on Wednesdays with Donna Hay so I made this week's choice,  one of the dishes for the family.

We made Moussaka which is made up of wonderful ingredients such as eggplant, lamb, garlic, onion, tomato puree, vegetable broth, cinnamon, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.  Since I am Kosher, I could not include both the lamb and cheese in the same recipe (we do not mix meat and milk or even serve them, at the same meal.)  I decided to go with the dairy.





I was not traditional and used brown rice in place of the ground lamb.  This does change the whole feel of the dish although it still is a good combination to serve. 
You can find the original recipe in Modern Classics I on page 110. This was chosen by Kayte.

Check out the dishes from the other ladies and enjoy.

Margaret        Kayte          Gaye
 

Comments

  1. I didn't use lamb either, but not for the same reason. I will have to try your version. Looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this would be nice with rice - the sauce was rather tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deliciosa receta me encanta,abrazos y abrazos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost