Baked Salmon with Spinach and Mushrooms



 Have you ever had an idea for a recipe but was missing an element to make it feel just right?  That was me, tonight.  I knew that salmon was on the menu and also that I wanted to have a side of sauteed spinach and mushrooms.  There were also some beautiful tomatoes, on the counter, looking ignored and sad.

I went to the computer and typed in spinach, mushrooms and salmon recipe and what came up was the blending of all my desired ingredients.  I found the recipe on Kraft's site. 
 
I have learned over the years that some of the best recipes came from commercial food companies.  At first, I rejected them, thinking they were only pushing something they were promoting from their food line.  I realized how wrong I was when one afternoon, with nothing to do, I browsed some of the familiar brands and discovered some interesting looking recipes.  From that day on, I was open to the recipes promoted by brands. After all, they want success dishes so we buy their product.

 
Baked Salmon with Spinach and Mushrooms

Ingredients:

2 skinless salmon fillets 

2 cups chopped fresh baby  spinach 

1 small onion, sliced


1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms

1 tomato, sliced

1/3 cup whipped cream cheese
2 tablespoons roasted pepper dip (store bought and delicious)


Method:

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Place salmon fillets in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.

Layer vegetables over salmon.



Top with combined cream cheese and roasted pepper dip.  I blended this is a mini food processor.

BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until fish flakes easily with fork. 


I did not use any pepper but I think a small amount of black pepper will round out the flavors.

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya,
    This is a lovely meal. I never would have thought to add cream cheese to the dish! Yes, sometimes we would be surprised what great recipes we can find even from the canned ingredients that we sometimes use!
    Thank you for linking to LTU!
    P/s : Have not seen your Recipe Box for quite sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya,

    Totally that these commercial sites do have very good recipes. They have their reputation at stakes and definitely do their best to publish good recipes.

    This salmon, spinach, tomato and mushroom combination looks wonderful.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost