SRS - Pumpkin Bread


HungryLittleGirl


I just joined this group, SRS-Secret Recipe Swap where one is given a blog and selects something from it, to bake or cook. Since this is my first month participating, I was excited about what blog, I would get and what kind of cooking, she did.

I was pleased to discover "Sew, what's Cooking with Joan", is a particularly interesting blog with fabulous recipes as well as projects that are impressive.  I plan on returning here again and again.  I spotted many recipes to add to my "to do" list.  This is a busy time, in my life, so I could not take fill advantage of Joan's blog but, after the Jewish holidays, I hope to visit often.





Pumpkin Bread

adapted from Bobby Flay via Sew, What's Cooking with Joan?

Ingredients:

4 tablespoons oil
1 3/4 cups gluten-free flour
1/2 teaspoon  salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup  oil
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 large eggs

Method:

Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. 

Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves in a small bowl. 

Beat the sugar and oil on high speed.

Add the pumpkin puree and mix until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until just incorporated. Mixing on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture and 2/3 cup water and mix until just combined.

Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool completely. 

Eat and enjoy.

My husband, who has been down on pumpkin, for a while, loved this recipe and now  pumpkin is back in his good graces.  Thanks Joan for adding a new ingredient to our schedule.

Comments

  1. raw food recipes It would be impossible to pick a “World’s Greatest Dessert,” but if you’re going to have that conversation, the classic crème caramel has to be part of the discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin bread looks super soft and yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. A healthy and very moist and delicious bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the Pumpkin Bread from www.sewwhatscookingwithjoan.com, I forgot about this one!! I love your blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pumpkin and this looks delicious...Pinning it so that I have the recipe.. Following you now through GFC and Linky. Thanks for stopping at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chaya, this looks wonderful! I love pumpkin bread & this one looks so moist & yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to SRS! This bread looks quite tasty with all the spices. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost