Recipe Box # 21 - Pasta and Mushrooms



Pasta is like a chameleon.  You can disguise it easily with the extras, you include in a recipe.  You can add meat and make it a main course.  Vegetables go for a main or side.  It can be used as a salad and even as a dessert.  In this case, I used it as a side but I would use it as a main with a salad made up of greens and tomatoes.
I had some mushrooms and scallions, I wanted to use and this became the disguise this pasta was going to wear.  When, I searched for cheese, I came up with an unlikely choice, gouda.  I love gouda and in my most humble opinion, I think you can add it to anything.

This is an easy meal to make and to eat so throw it together and sit down with the family and friends and enjoy it.

Pasta and Mushrooms

Ingredients:

1/2 pound pasta of choice
1 tablespoon oil
3 baby belles mushrooms, rough chopped
2 button mushrooms, rough chopped
1 cup scallions, chopped
1 cup Gouda, shredded or chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Preheat oven 350 degrees F.

Cook pasta according to package directions, shortening cooking time by two minutes.

In medium skillet, heat oil.  Add mushrooms and scallions and cook for 4 minutes, mixing occasionally.

Drain cooked pasta, adding cooked mushrooms and onions.

Mix in Gouda and seasoning.

Transfer to casserole or baking dish and bake in 350 degree oven for 10 - 20 minutes when top of casserole is browned slightly.

Eat and enjoy.  We did.  

Comments

  1. It's a delicious looking dish and easy-to-make
    I know my other-half would love it as would I
    Thanks!! And thanks for another party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pasta recipe! Thanks for hosting, Chyaya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never realized her versatile pasta is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chaya, thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love pasta, and your recipe sounds delicious. I think the gouda would be a great compliment to the mushrooms. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that pasta looks delicious!!! Thank you so much for hosting and have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chaya, Your mushroom pasta looks delicious! I love mushrooms! I have never tried Gouda cheese before, have never bought them before, simply because they are very expensive, most of the cheeses are!
    I've linked up a chiffon cake! Thank you for hosting and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chaya, Thank you for hosting. I'm sharing my Almond Coffee Pound Cake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost