Russian Potato Salad


Please check over at Kristen's, Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker to see my recipe for Tomato Spinach Tostados.  She generously let me share on her blog.  While you are there, check out her fabulous recipes and interesting posts.
This is another potato salad to make up for my not taking a picture of the recipe below.  It certainly looks very much like it.  It is missing peas.

Over the years, I have only shared a few potato salads here.  That is because, I don't love it.  I eat it without enthusiasm.  I have a recipe or two which are better than the run of the mill salads, I have eaten.  This time, I came across a winner, a potato salad, I wanted more of and joyfully went back for seconds.

This came from AllRecipes.com. and you can find the original recipe here.  I omitted the hot dogs from the salad.

Russian Potato Salad

Ingredients:

3 large potatoes
3 eggs
3 large dill pickles, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 cups peas
salt to taste
1/2 cup mayonnaise

Method:

Place the potatoes in a large pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until a fork can be easily inserted and removed, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool slightly. 

During the last 10 minutes, boil the eggs. Drain everything, and set aside to cool.
Peel the potatoes, and cut into cubes. Place everything in a large bowl, and mix in the pickles, onions and peas. Peel the eggs, and grate them on top of the salad. Add mayonnaise and salt to individual servings.

Eat and enjoy.

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost