Rice and Baby Spinach Salad



My husband's love with rice sends me running when I see an interesting recipe.  I found a number of good recipes in Family Circle and I think, I should look at it seriously, in the future.  It is hard to compete with Bon Appetit and Food Network and so many others but this month had a lot to interest me.

Rice and Baby Spinach Salad

Ingredients

2 cups cooked rice (any kind)
1/2 cup cooked chicken (or shrimp or beef)
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
8 slices seeded cucumber
1 cup baby spinach
8 Kalamata olives, pitted
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 teaspoon sherry vinegar

I added 1 tablespoon soy sauce - the dressing is not on yet, in the above photo.

Method

Combine rice, chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, spinach and olives in a bowl. 

Drizzle in soy sauce, oil and vinegar and toss well.

 The Busy Mom's Cookbook by Antonia Lofaso - published in the September 2012 issue of Family Circle magazine.

This is linked to Food Friday    Gallery of Favorites     Foodtastic Friday

Comments

  1. I just bought a whole bag of spinach and am looking for ways to use it! Found one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make something quite similar but I serve the rice separately.All in all the taste is great.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your salad sounds lovely. I like the contrasting textures of the rice and the spinach, and it's so colourful too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost