Recipe Box # 16 - Yum Yum Shnitzle

This is a recipe to love. There is no frying and in my book, it goes to the top of the list. It is also tasty and we found the taste, a little unique. It was this sauce that made it so delicious.

Yum Yum Shnitzel

Ingredients:

4 chicken cutlets

1 egg, beaten

1 cup potato chip crumbs

Sauce 1/2 cup ketchup

1/3 cup apple vinegar

1/2 cup water

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1/2 cup sugar

1/3 cup brown sugar


Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place beaten egg in a shallow bowl and dip in cutlets, one at a time.

Take egg coated cutlet and dip it into crumbs until coated on both sides.

Place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.

Bake chicken for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

While chicken is baking, mix all of the sauce ingredients and boil in a small saucepan. Cook for only a few minutes until it thickens slightly.

Pour over the chicken on baking sheet so each piece is coated on top and sides.

Bake for another 20 minutes and you are ready to enjoy this dish. Serve with rice or quinoa and a salad or green vegetable.

Looking back:
Peanut Butter Pecan Biscotto - Bibi's Culinary Journal


Chinese Chili - Food Done Light


Tonight starts the holiest day in the year, Yom Kippur.  This is a serious fast day and there is a lot of prep done for the meals before and after the 25 hour fast.  As a result, I am shortening the list of featured recipes to cook.  I am guessing that the above two will inspire you enough to make up for the lack of number.


Comments

  1. Aww, thank you. I just came by to see how you're doing and I saw my Biscotti....so sweet....and that schnitzel looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have share such a nice and delicious recipe. I'll try to make this in my free time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an easy fast, Chaya! Thank you for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. With Jamie... don't check any food blogs until sundown. I love the potato chips in the crust of your chicken. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you say it is "also tasty" as though taste were an afterthought!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound yum yum! No frying is a huge plus.
    Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer not to deep fry my home-cooked food too and this seems to be a great schnitzel recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deep frying is a nightmare for cleaning the kitchen...roasting or baking is best:D Looks like a really tasty dish there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost