Multicolored Cauliflower

I could not resist buying these. I went to my favorite store which has the gourmet food and was in search for cauliflower.  What a surprise to find these pretty and colorful vegetables.  I took a picture before, I topped it with tortilla crumbs and one after.



Multicolored Cauliflower



1 pound of colorful cauliflower
1/2 of a red pepper, cut into small pieces

1 tablespoon of oil
1 tablespoon of gluten-free or AP flour
1 cup Coconut Dream
1 cup Tofutti Cream Cheese (Or real cream cheese)
1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
1/3 cup crumbs of any kind (I used tortilla chips)

Method:

I did this, using my microwave. I am sure, it can be done in the oven.

First, fill a medium mixing bowl, 3/4 of the way with water and place in microwave for 3 minutes on high.

While the water is heating, break the cauliflower florets to size you want or leave as florets.

Place cauliflower into water and cook for 3 minutes.

Drain cauliflower and  place in a greased baking dish (round 1 1/2 quart.)  Add red pepper.

In another small bowl, place oil or margarine,  milk and Tofutti cream cheese and heat in microwave for about 90 seconds.  Add flour and mix well. Pour over cauliflower to coat.

I have not done this step, yet.  We are eating it, tomorrow night so I am guessing. Top lightly with crumbs and spray olive oil on top.   Bake for 15 minutes.

Comments

  1. My store has multicolored cauliflower, but not all in one package, I'd have to buy each head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun does that colored cauliflower look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must taste delicious ..

    Please visit my blog for your participation in the running events

    Cook with-Poppy Seeds

    Cook n Bake with - Spinach

    Be My Guest

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never seen different colored cauliflower. I wonder if I could get my husband to eat it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost