Curried Eggplant and Tomato


I usually don't like wet eggplant which I normally make eggplant Parmesan or something similar.  Since, this dish is for the Jewish holidays when we eat a lot of sweet foods, I decided to risk it and try something new.  This turned out to be delicious.  It comes from Group Recipes.  They have some wonderful recipes.  I can see myself making this often.

Curried Eggplant and Tomato (adapted)

Ingredients:

1 large eggplant unpeeled and diced
1 large tomatoes diced
1 large onions finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 tablespoon brown sugar


Method:

In large frying pan sauté onion in oil until it is translucent.

Add eggplant and tomato then stir well and cover.

Add curry powder, black pepper and brown sugar and stir 1 minute. 

Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.

Remove lid and continue cooking until most of the liquid evaporates about 15 minutes.

Linked to  Pennywise Platter Thursdays

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost