Corn Fried Rice


I received my Food Network magazine, yesterday and decided to make a few recipes, from it, before it gets put to the side.  The first time, I go through a magazine, I get excited about some of the recipes but if I don't act on that, right away, they usually don't get made.  One of these recipes is the Corn Fried Rice.  I would be happy adding corn to any recipe and fried rice is a favorite.

I made the recipe as dictated by Food Network, adding 1 tablespoon of Tamari.  I also used olive oil in place of peanut oil.

Corn Fried Rice

Ingredients:


1 egg, beaten

2 tablespoons olive oil, added as needed

4 sliced scallions

1/4 teaspoon minced garlic

1/2 teaspoon sugar

salt to taste

1 tablespoon rice wine

1 cup corn

2 cups cooked brown rice


Method:

Scramble 1 beaten egg in oil in a skillet over high heat; remove to a plate.

Heat more peanut oil in the skillet. Add 4 sliced scallions, 1 minced garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and salt to taste; stir-fry 30 seconds.

Add 1 tablespoon rice wine and 1 cup corn; stir-fry 1 minute. Add 2 cups cooked rice and cook, stirring, 3 minutes. 


Stir in the scrambled egg and season with salt.

Comments

  1. I'm so far behind in my food network magazines. I'm still on the June issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm behind on my Cooking Light issues. Still on August.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost