Breakfast Frittata


I think the image of breakfast has changed and we tend to eat anything from a bowl of cereal to coffee cake to an egg extravaganza and all that goes in between  My favorites are stuffed French Toast or apple pancakes.  When I was a child, we did not eat cake for breakfast, EVER. Although, we had simple breakfasts, they satisfied me.  Now, I would be bored with them.  Sounds like I am more of a spoiled brat as an adult than as a child.

This frittata makes a great breakfast as well as dinner which is when I plan to serve it.  I based it on a Mr. Food recipe but I made my own hash browns rather than use frozen ones.  I used my favorite too, the bench scraper.  I must admit, each time, I mention this tool, I start to write bench press.  I guess that is because I need to exercise while eating such good food.

I love the bench scraper.  I use it for chopping almost anything.  It does not work well with bell peppers.  I use it to scrape up cut up vegetables to go into a skillet.  If I have spilled sugar or flour, out comes the bench scraper and it does a better job than any other kind of scooper.  To sum it up, I keep the bench scraper out, most of the time, and I end up using it, most of the time.

Breakfast Frittata  (adapted from Mr. Food)   Serves: 4   

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons  Olive oil

1 cup potatoes, chopped for hash browns

1 small onion, diced

4 eggs

3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Method:

In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add potatoes, and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.

After five minutes, add onions and orange pepper. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cheese, salt, and black pepper.

 Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until eggs are completely set. Slice into wedges, and serve.

Comments

  1. I tend to think a lot of breakfasts are "boring," but that's what weekend brunch is for!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost