Apple Almond Brown Rice

 
I have been making apple rice dishes for eons and we love them all.  Recently, I tried a new recipe which we ended up preferring to any from the past.  For me, apples make any dish better.

I find that rice is an excellent base to show off other food. 

  •  Add some vegetables or fruits and you have a new dish, one that is probably a success.
  •  Mix in a juice or a sauce and it is apt to work. 
  •  Brown some onions and mushrooms and with a few changes, you will have fried rice. 
  • Boil it. Bake it. Fry it. Rice is good and versatile.
  • Make a pudding and you have a sweet treat.
Do you have a favorite rice recipe? Please leave a comment, sharing it with us.

Apple Almond Brown Rice - a very easy recipe

Quick, Easy, Delicious 

Ingredients:

2 cups brown rice (cooked in a combination of apple juice and water - half and half)

1 small onion, diced

1 tablespoon of olive oil

1 cup chopped apples

1/2 cup assorted nuts and dried fruit (almonds and golden raisins and dried blueberries)


1/2 teaspoon Indian curry powder 

1 tablespoon brown sugar

Method:

In a large skillet brown diced onion in olive oil. Cook until translucent.(5 minutes)

Add rice, curry, brown sugar and apples, nuts and dried fruit. Mix together and cook for about two minutes.

Serve. Eat and enjoy.

Linked to
Pennywise Platter Thursday 
Tastetastic Thursday (A little nosh), 

Comments

  1. I have never cooked apples with rice before, this is really interesting and sounds healthy, with all the other ingredients in one bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a great way to prepare rice. Full of fall flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is new to me. Never come across rice being cooked this way. Now you've awakened my curiosity..thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds super-delicious!:)
    It's very unique and wonderful for our holidays now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm totally kicking myself for not making rice for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a tasty little rice dish! Love the addition of the fruits and nuts with the apples! I love using leftover rice for lunch as a quick fried rice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good! My kids dislike rice, so perhaps if I mixed in fruit they might like it better!

    Chag Sameach!

    Looks yummy! Thanks for linking up with Frugal Food Thursday at Frugal Follies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost