Vegetable Pad Thai


I love Pad Thai and I particularly love it with chicken but when I came across a vegetable version on Brownies for Dinner (sounds like my kind of place), I had to try it. It was really good and I would make it again.

I used brown rice linguine which can be fussy and stick together if you don't baby sit it and I was doing three things at one time which means, I was not babysitting. I did my best to rescue it and did save more than half but I had my share of glopped together pasta, we could not eat.

Easy Pad Thai (adapted from Everyday Food)

8 ounces linguine (brown rice-gluten-free)

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon lime juice

3 tablespoons soy sauce

1/4 teaspoon Sriracha (I can't spell Sriracha ....I should write it ten times to remember the spelling)

2 teaspoons olive oil

3 scallions (green onions), white and green parts, separated and thinly sliced

2 large eggs, light beaten

1/4 cup fresh cilantro

1/4 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts


Soak noodles according to package instructions. Drain.

In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, and Sriracha.

In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.

Add scallion whites and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add eggs and cook, scraping skillet with spatula until eggs are almost set (about 30 seconds). Transfer eggs to a plate.

Add noodles, scallion greens, peanuts and sauce to skillet. Cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are soft (about 1 minute). Add egg mixture and toss to coat, breaking eggs up gently





Comments

  1. Looks good! This has been a dish (pad thai) that I've promised myself for years that I'd create. Thanks for the inspiration.

    -h

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pad thai. Easy sounds even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good. Found you via Beyond the Peel's Keep it Real Thursday. I linked in a simple salmon pizza. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost