Creamy Avocado Penne and Cheese - Avoroni Macacado


We may not eat much meat but we do eat too much cheese.  I am working on cutting down the cheese in various recipes and still keep the richness of the dish.  I applied this to my mac and cheese, yesterday.  Step one was to cut down the main cheese in the recipe.  The second step lit up like a light bulb in the middle of my mixing my ingredients.  Use an avocado to get the creaminess.

Creamy Avocado Penne and Cheese


Ingredients:


1/2 pound gluten-free penne, cooked according to package directions
1 avocado, mashed
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 cup Cheddar or Mexican mix, shredded
1 cup low fat milk
1/4 teaspoon black pepper


Method:  


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Drain and rinse penne.  Place in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, mash together cream cheese and avocado.  
Add milk and black pepper to the penne and mix.  Combine with avocado-cream cheese mixture.  Make sure the cream cheese coats the macaroni.
Transfer to greased 2 quart casserole.  Top with shredded cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese browns.


Linked to Hearth and Soul Hop     Slightly Indulgent Tuesday            Fat Tuesday    Tuesday Talent Show at Chef in Training       Naptime Creations Tasty Tuesday Link Party

Comments

  1. This looks so so GOOD! I like that you used gluten free pasta in this recipe. I am trying to cut back and eventually eliminate wheat from my diet. Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM. I love creamy, cheesy foods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think there's such a thing as too much cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that looks so good! I am going to book mark this. My 3 year old loves mac and cheese but refuses to eat any kind of fruits or vegetables. Maybe this way he can get something healthy with his mac and cheese!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name of this recipe, that is very clever! What a wonderful way to make mac and cheese healthier and even more delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost