Kids' Thumbprints - Cookies


Our beloved Dorie has this recipe on the page where she talks about the fabulous TWD, Tuesdays with Dorie.  It is the last recipe, the group baked together when they completed the book, Baking From My Home to Yours.

To me, this book is a must in every home.  The beginning baker and the advanced baker can tackle recipes from it.  It is a book to grow with, to entertain with, to love with.  Dorie has been our capable leader and we truly admire and love her.

I do miss TWD and I try to cook with French Fridays, as often as possible, but it is not the same, for me.  I can't make a commitment to Fridays because I am cooking for our Sabbath.  While, the recipes are enchanting and appealing, too many of them are not kosher which means changing the recipes.  I hate to change Dorie's recipes.

I do want to share with you, these little Kids' Thumbprints.  I apologize for the photo but it is not a recent one.  It is before my new camera which makes a difference in the lighting of my photos.

The recipe is an easy one.  It is time consuming at the point of rolling the balls in nuts but well worth it.  I ran out of peanuts so I took a nut crunch, I had and used it for the remaining cookies.  I couldn't resist.  I had to fill these with everything suggested and then some.  I used cherry preserves which had whole cherries in it.  I used chocolate chips and some candy chips, chocolate with a coating.  These may fall out since they were little and did not melt at all into the cookie. 

Cookies are always fun to make and to eat.  I am sure these will disappear quickly.  



Comments

  1. Que ricas lucen las mini galletas una tentación,abrazos hugs,hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm hungry. Following you from socia
    Sunday via linky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that book, but I really don't make use of it often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one of my fave recipes of Dories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Dorie's book but have not baked anything from it in quite awhile, too many cookbooks that are my favourite at the moment, and I really should take Dorie's book out again! I have not tried making Tumbprints before, they look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you wrote - these cookies are fun to make, but much more fun is to eat them

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost