Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onion Brioche

It is time for Wednesdays with Donna Hay and we cooked the above title.  As usual, I was contrary and made some changes.  I used a red onion instead of a yellow one (For shame) and I used Mexican cheese because I had no blue cheese.  I was going to use feta but the date of my feta was old, very old....  What did I have left.....Mexican cheese.


This is a brioche with caramelized onions, layered with sliced apple and cheese.  This is a phenomenal combination and I have to find other ways to use these three ingredients in different ways.  


I treated myself to this, for lunch, and ended up with the best lunch, I have had, in ages.  


Three of us are posting, this week, so go on over and see what the others made.  My battery died, as I was taking the photo, and I had to use one which takes weak photos.  This one isn't good to start with and without the better camera, I felt kind of stuck.


Check the other Donna Hay Gals: (posted by Thursday)The recipe was chosen by  Kayte of Grandma's Kitchen Table
Gay
Margaret
Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onion Brioche  - Find recipe here.



Comments

  1. What a delicious sounding tartine! Great combination of flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very different from the original recipe, but so something I would love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flavors sound intense here..it looks incredible! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost