Pasta with Roasted Pepper and Tomato Sauce QED

I hate to admit that I had not heard of Cat Cora before 6 months ago.  Here, she is the only female Iron Chef and I had never even heard her name.  Now, I have one of her cookbooks and know who she is.  I keep planning to make more of her recipes and time doesn't allow it.

Do you have a problem with recipes collecting and not getting to them?  I am totally honest when I say, I plan to make something, during the week but then ten more great recipes come my way and I want to make them.  How much can we eat?  More so, how many cakes and cookies can a home accommodate?

I had to stop baking specifically for my class because I was piling up the goodies.  I still have brownies and chocolate chip cookies from Passover to share with them.  Of course, that does not completely get me off the hook.  I told, last year's class that I would bake for them.  They even know what to request, "you know the cookies, you made last year, we loved so much."  I do love them all.  They are not getting pasta though so here is that recipe.
Pasta with Roasted Pepper and Tomato Sauce       Cat Cora
Ingredients:

 kosher salt
1/2  jar roasted red bell peppers or the equivalent in fresh bell peppers.  (I was out of the jarred peppers)
2/3 cup sliced mushrooms
1 onion, chopped
1 can (6 ounces) chopped tomatoes with juice
1/2 pound gluten-free pasta
1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Parmesan cheese , for garnish

Method:

Cook pasta according to package directions.

In a large skillet, add  the peppers, mushrooms and onions. 

Remove about one third of the vegetables and add the tomatoes and juice.

Bring to a simmer and let cook for 2 to 3 minutes.

Remove the skillet from the stove and let the mixture cool for 5 to 10 minutes.

Whirl the tomato mixture in a food processor or blender, taking care to cover the lid with a towel and hold it on tightly if using a blender. Process or blend until smooth. Set aside.

Drain the pasta and transfer to a large serving bowl.

Ladle on the tomato sauce and vegetables with a little Parmesan. Serve immediately

That is it.  Easy as can be and delicious to eat.  This was a hubby null and I would love to make this sauce again.


Comments

  1. Funny, I made a dish almost identical to this last night for dinner. Mine used whole wheat pasta, and I also added a few anchovies for protein and umami! Thanks for sharing. This looks great. Cat Cora is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely agree, i have the same prob too and theen lods of more recipe come my way :-)
    SPecially more since only me eats cakes and cookies at home and i need to distribute :-)I'd love to be a part of ur class, for the love u share and the joy u bring!
    Ur one special teacher and am sure thy totally loveeee u , dont they?
    The pasta is fantastic too!
    We had an overdose of pasta today , in the seafood soup (again) and grilled chicken with salad on a bed of pasta too...
    Oh Pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! I have been craving pasta big time! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday. I hope to see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost