Blond Brownies

Blogging, unfortunately brought out the differences in my husband's likes and dislikes and mine.  Of course, I knew what they were but it hardly mattered.  I simply cooked what we both like and that was it.  We were both happy.  Now, I am all about trying new foods, making unique combinations, joining groups that choose the recipes and developing new likes.  Hubby is a simple eater, meat and potatoes, would be fine, every night.  Now, he hardly ever gets meat and potatoes.

While, he is not unhappy and also has developed new tastes, our likes are still far apart.  One of these is chocolate.  I love chocolate and if he never had chocolate, he would be happy.  I love baking and making desserts so it does not really matter.  Actually, it is good because I won't eat much of anything.  I like what I make but I usually do not go back for the second or third piece.  Guess who does.  Yep - hubby.


Blond Brownies
Hubby who is infamous for not liking brownies, does like blondies so when I found this Betty Crocker recipe for Blond Brownies with absolutely no chocolate, not even a single chocolate chip, I decided to make it. This recipe makes a lot of blondies or brownies and is easy to put together.
Blondies: Baked Blondies
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour mixture
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Method:
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, beat sugars and margarine with vanilla and eggs. Beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Stir in dry ingredients.
In a 13 x 9 pan, lined with parchment paper, spread the batter evenly.
Bake for 22 minutes or until golden brown and until a toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean.
Cool and enjoy.

I do not know if this was so crumbly because it is gluten free. This is not a problem, I usually have with gluten free cakes. These blondies crumbled easily and it took some maneuvering on my part, to get them on a plate. They were good as far as taste goes but texture was a failure, in my eyes.
I also think they should have had more brown sugar and less white sugar for a better flavor. Just an opinion.
Blondies baked

Comments

  1. I like blondies so much more than chocolate brownies. I can only take so much chocolate before I overdose!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost