Charoset(h) or Charoses

Charoses or Charoset

 
Above are two pronunciations of the word.  Raise your hand, if you know what Charoset is. 

This is something else that is on the seder table.  We do not eat it, at the seder, but after the sedorim are over, this is quite a treat.  Charoset represents the mortar used by Jewish slaves in building in Egypt.  Look at it and you will understand.


Ingredients:

1 apple, skin removed
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup cup red wine or less
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Method:

Chop one apple into small pieces.  (Some use pears)
Place chopped apples in a small bowl. 
 Add the chopped nuts, sugar, wine and cinnamon.
Mix all ingredients together. 
Cover with plastic wrap.
I am sure many people make a lot more than this.  Can’t say, I blame them.
This would make a great snack.  I was trying to figure out what to do with the extra we have.  I was wondering it it could be turned into  a streusel or put in a cake batter.  If I figure this out, I will share it with you.

Comments

  1. Raising my hand! I love haroset! But I make mine same ingredients but not chunky at all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost