Apple Strawberry Crisp - Passover

 I am submitting this to Go Ahead Honey, it's Gluten Free.  The theme this month is Brunch.  I love the topic as those of you who link up at Let's Do Brunch, at My Sweet and Savory might guess.  I could eat brunch three times a day.

This week's host is Maggie from She Let Them Eat Cake.  Check out her blog.  It is fantastic.  Check out the chocolate peanut bars.  Oh my.






Last year, I received a booklet in the mail, with incredible recipes.  For some reason, I never to to make this Crisp, which turned out to be super-delicious.  My daughter made it and she was real smart and made a large one for the holiday and a small one for the three of us.  We did make quite a dent in this 8 inch square crisp.

The name of the booklet is a Taste of Pesach and it is put out by a boys' school, Me'on Ha Torah.  The recipes in the booklet are different than the normal recipes, we find in our cookbooks and magazines and I have had fun and good eating, as a result of its arrival, at our home.

Apple-Strawberry Crisp

7 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
½ bag (8 oz) Bodek strawberries, thawed and sliced
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice (
I squeeze some at the beginning of my cooking and save it small containers)
½ teaspoon cinnamon

Crumb Topping:

2½ cup potato starch
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup oil
4 oz. ground walnuts

In a 10" Pyrex baking dish, layer diced apples and sliced strawberries. Sprinkle with sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon, and toss gently to coat.

In a separate bowl, combine topping ingredients by hand until it resembles coarse crumbs. Crumble on top of
apple/strawberry mixture and bake at 350' for 1 hour.


 Linked to Friday Favorites 
 


Comments

  1. Oh my gracious, thank you! You have no idea how much I miss things like Crumbles and Crisps, with the necessity of my Gluten Free diet! Oh thank you!

    And thank your dear daughter too!!!!!!!!

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks like it's begging for some ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really tasty. Thanks for dropping by simply.food.Your visit and comments are very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost